koala-1

koala-1
The Pen is mightier than the sword, but the Pen must sometimes move the sword against corruption if the corrupt are not moved by the pen.. An idea without an implementer is useless. "The Rulers do not carry the sword in vain"Rom 13:4

Sunday, January 12, 2014

The last light of day, before the dark nite of death... MLKjr

The final sentences of his final speech before he was assasinated. I intend to memorize these words, perhaps more from the same speech... to add to his 'Dream' speech that I've already memorized. I sometimes think it might turn out for me as it did for him, though I am certainly nowhere near as prominent by any stretch of the imagination.

Well, I don't know what will happen now. We've got some difficult days ahead. But it really doesn't matter with me now, because I've been to the mountaintop.
And I don't mind.
Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the Promised Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land! 

And so I'm happy, tonight.
I'm not worried about anything.
I'm not fearing any man!
Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord!!


I'd like to add, that his greatness was driven by his gratitude to God in Christ for the life he was given. His vision was strong, but his life was stained and stopped by the assassin's bullet the next morning.  We never know when we will fall, but we do know when we can stand! We can stand for something 'now' and perhaps tomorrow, and by God's grace, the next day too.  But how would it be that if our lives lasted ten thousand days more, we could look back on what we had, and see nothing?



Do you want to 'count' ? then start counting the days when you've done....nothing, and compare them to the how things might be if you'd done 'something'.

Be sure your cause is noble and not selfish. Then, if you are Christian, in the power of the Holy Spirit, you can be the head of an axe at the root of a corrupt tree. Then when the tree has fallen, you can plant a new seed that becomes the greatest of all trees, fruitful, productive and of great benefit to mankind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make comments here. Vulgarity or namecalling will not survive the moderator. Reasoned argument alone will survive.