koala-1

koala-1
The Pen is mightier than the sword, but the Pen must sometimes move the sword against corruption if the corrupt are not moved by the pen.. An idea without an implementer is useless. "The Rulers do not carry the sword in vain"Rom 13:4

Monday, May 6, 2013

Cuba... was Battista a Right Wing Tyrant and Castro an enlightened Angel ?

No and no.  They were both political gangsters and rather than try to re-hash the brief history of Cuba I've just been reading.. I'll link you to it. here.

The reason for this entry is to use that history to illustrate that there are no 'good guys' of any consequence in that history who were not mowed down (beginning with the original Arawak  indians who were wiped out 100% by the Spanish) by other more evil political thugs... and in the end, you are left with the stunning and somewhat depressing conclusion.....that.... "Hitler" was no so bad afterall!....now that might have surprised you... but I say that to stir the reader up.. are you a bit hysterical now? Hope not..   It's amazing how the clear lines between black and white, become a smudged indefinite gray as you read more and more of history.  On Hitler... my conclusion is that he had two primary seeds of his own failure.. his racial views (From which stemmed his mass murders) and his territorial views which (along with the former) alienated him and Germany from every other human being on the planet.  

But aside from those issues, his 25 point program was actually not so shabby if you use say the history of Cuba as a backdrop..or..even the history of the United States.. once you dig dig a bit.. you find all sorts of writhing historical political worms coming up out of that soil.  Look even at the aftermath of WWII..with the noble Churchill caring more about retaining British Imperial power than anything else... I'ts just a huge bit mess of self interest.  It makes Churchill's magnificent speeches of defiance sound kinda 'ting ting', rather than BOOM BOOM..... My goodness.. todays good guy is tomorrow's evil bastard..and vice versa.  No wonder Jesus said "My kingdom is NOT of this world".. meaning not of the same type... as kingdoms go. Not the same character..and man alive.. looking at a lot of history as I do these days.. I can only say "Amen amen..amen"!

I also find that there was so much failure in all these revolutionary movements.. in many cases because they simply didn't think clearly.. or were even betrayed by other vested interests, or..clobbered by big, paternalistic  and unfriendly America at the time. It's almost enough to make me shelve my plans to rule the world *smile*.

The bit which drew me here..was originally a speech by Senator (I think) The Hon John M Thurston who called for the immediate involvement of America to halt the massive starvation of internally displaced peasants due to an insugency.  His passion and eloquence are superb and rank up there with the best of them.  The link is to a digitized e-book of the original speech.   I found his argument for forceful intervention argued well even in the light of the many references to Christ and scripture. I came across that speech while listening to Libribox "The Art of Public Speaking" which is itself superb.  You see I'm practicing for when I am invited to take charge of the USA to fix it,  and given my green card .. *Smile*...
Well.. I've now memorized the full text of MLK jr's Dream Speech and I can assure you that the climactic ending is quite something to belt out at full volume.. with full passion to the possums and wallabies around my area. (might be a koala or 2 as well)

Well..I do hope you will use any available  time to 'change the world' or at least prepare for it!... I go for a 1 hour walk each morning after my fist cuppa coffee.......(start at 5.30am) and I suse that time productivly to memorize speeches.  Hmm..I think I might try out the Dream speech at the Federal Court building (here in Aus) and a I might add a few scriptures to the end of the speech.. "Woe to you lawyers"..etc..

43 “Woe to you Pharisees, because you love the most important seats in the synagogues and respectful greetings in the marketplaces.
44 “Woe to you, because you are like unmarked graves, which people walk over without knowing it.”
45 One of the experts in the law answered him, “Teacher, when you say these things, you insult us also.”
46 Jesus replied, “And you experts in the law, woe to you, because you load people down with burdens they can hardly carry, and you yourselves will not lift one finger to help them.
Not exactly 'I have  a dream'..but red flaming HOT!  Anyone out there still think Jesus was just a meek and mild messenger of morality like "Blessed are the meek" ?  There is no inconsistency.. he was a fully well rounded "Messiah" who spoke of both salvation and judgement...and..for the record..had every right to!

MKL was shot...Jesus was crucified..but only Jesus, the Christ rose from the dead. MLK can live in our memories..but Christ Jesus can live in our hearts minds and spirits.....for eternity







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make comments here. Vulgarity or namecalling will not survive the moderator. Reasoned argument alone will survive.